As part of Oil n Go's 17 Point Super Service Oil Change, we check and adjust tire pressure, transmission fluid level, worn belts and hoses and other maintenance items that can affect gas mileage and performance.
Oil n Go offers these fuel saving services:
- 17 Point Super Service Oil Change
- Transmission Fluid Service
- Brake Service
- Fuel System | Injector Cleaning
- Engine Tune Up
Gas mileage tips from the U.S. Department of Energy:*
Keep your engine properly tuned. Properly tuned engines can improve fuel efficiency by an average of 4% or $.10 cents/gallon.
- Fixing a vehicle that is noticeably out of tune or has failed an emission test can improve gas mileage by 4%.
- Fixing a serious maintenance problem, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve your mileage by as muchas 40%.
Keep tires properly inflated. Properly inflated tires can improve gas mileage by up to 3% or $.06 cents/gallon.
- You can improve your gas mileage by 3.3% by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure.
- Under inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.4% for every 1 psi drop in pressure in all 4 tires.
- Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer too.
Use the recommended grade of motor oil.
- The recommended grade of motor oil can improve gas mileage by up to 2% or $.04 cents/gallon.
- You can improve your gas mileage by 1-2% by changing your oil according to your vehicle manufacturer's service schedule and using the correct grade of oil.
*Source: The Department of Energy. For more information, visit their website at: www.fueleconomy.gov